The following describes the steps and inputs needed to configure a Google BigQuery destination within your Openbridge account. The process is simple and quick, only requiring minimum information need to be able to connect and write data to your instance.
Getting Started: Prerequisites
Before proceeding you need to make sure your Google Cloud account is configured correctly. We provided a handy guide called “How To Set Up Google BigQuery: Creating and Configuring Service Accounts In Google Cloud Console”. This will make sure your Google Cloud account is set up and ready to go. Once that has been completed, you are ready to proceed.
Step 1: Select Google BigQuery Warehouse
If you are just creating an Openbridge account you will get presented with the data warehouse selection screen. High Google BigQuery and then “Set Up Storage”:
If you already have an account and have logged into it then visit the Google BigQuery product page: https://www.openbridge.com/warehouse/google-bigquery
Select “Configure Google BigQuery”
Step 2: Provide Authorization
The next step will be the authorization page. This is where you will add your Google Cloud service account.
To load your Google Cloud service account you will need to
- A: Give your authorization a nickname. This will help you identify it later
- B: The next step is to upload your service account JSON file. The JSON file is what Google provided you after completing the service account setup process
- C: After you load your JSON file the “Project Name” associated with your service account will be displayed. The example below the service account project name is “My Project”
You will notice the identity you just created will show up in the “Existing” identity box (see A). If you have more that one we will show all the identities you have configured in the drop-down menu. Select the one you and to use and then continue.
Step 3: Configure Your BigQuery Warehouse Destination
The next step will have you configure where you want us to deliver your data to within BigQuery
- A: Give your Google BigQuery destination a unique name
- B: Select the project you want to use. We will show all the projects your authorization allows us access to
- C: Select the dataset you want us to deliver data
- D: Review your setup
Congrats! You just configured a BigQuery warehouse destination.